hi i'm so lazy to write this entry.............
9 - 11 oct was my HMS LAC camp!
I was debating whether to go, as most of my course mates were not gg ):
still, thankful that I've chose to go ultimately.
I've learnt so much from this leadership camp!
as pampered as i am, i've learnt doing stuff that are out of my comfort zone.
I'm really thankful for my group, JACKJACK the incredibles! (:
The people in this group are a blessing.
Jermaine came into this camp with an injured toe, and i've seen most of us showing concern and just keeping a watch out for her.
Especially during tougher games, everyone took an effort to make sure she was doing fine.
it's amazing how we could care for each other, when we were only group mates.
you might not even see that in your class/office/etc. (as an e.g)
whatever, its so heartwarming!
Next up, the moat game!
It was probably one of the games that took really long.
Its the tine when you see everyone working together, as a whole, to get the task done.
HMS peeps are seriously a bunch of positive and encouraging people.
With the failing and tense atmosphere, we did not gave up.
Instead, we encouraged & supported each other by applauding and shouting JIAYOUs!
I rmb there was this big feet guy who kind of slowed down the whole game,
however, surprisingly, nobody made any rude comments about it.
We applauded and continued the game!
Our group managed to hit 7 first ! (:
We were so excited, as we've tried really hard. doing whatever we could!
I LOVE MY GROUP TEAM SPIRIT!
Though it was not easy AT ALL, we all managed to pull through.
we gave ourselves targets (hitting number 9), and took so many camwhores pictures tgt ! :)
From number 1, we eventually made it to number 15.
as a whole, we took 3 hrs 10 sec.
We all felt tired, discouraged, disheartened during the way,
but thankfully, the supports from each other helped us through.
At least i know, I enjoyed the process very very much. (:
My group mates are a bunch of caring peeps (:
I remember losing my fbt in the toilet, & Patrina actually offered to accompany me back to the toilet to find it. With the fact that we were already rushing for time. x.x
Thank God my fbt was still there (:
I remember how Miranda keep trying to get me to sleep early as I was already freezing and sneezing because it was too cold. She gave me a hug too (:
I remember how I told the group that I could not take too much spiciness, and Shan Shan actually remembered it and reminded me not to take the spicy fried chicken wing during dinner. (:
I remember how Jermaine heard me out when i was really troubled over drama stuff. (:
Small little things like this are really heartwarming!
and on the last day of camp, when we had no gls around during the games, we kept telling each other to drink up as the weather was really burning up. (:
Our group is best at taking our own sweet time & strolling away hahaha.
not competitive at all!
Oh well I've briefly summarized everything up! argh i wrote so muchhhh
I used to think this society and the people in it are screwed up.
hhahaha it might not be entirely true, after all.
I thank God for giving me this opportunity to learn and experience things in the camp.
I thank God for people who truly cares.
God has placed these people here to show me His care.
yet at the same time, learning how to love each other.
I'm still so far from being loving.
This camp made me feel like i'm learning to love over again!
Also, through the activities, God taught me about resilience.
Even during my spiritual journey w Him, there are bound to be ups & downs.
Just Don't Give Up! As pastor Simon Ng has said, every DOWN is a chance to go UP!
I thank God for HMS LAC camp & my group (: